sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Libby's best friend

My little dog turned eight this summer, and for most of her life, she's enjoyed a midday walk with Alycia.

We get it all in Chicago -- rain, sleet, snow, blazing heat, and wilting humidity -- and yet none of it has made a difference in Alycia's commitment to showing up day after day to walk around the neighborhood with her little buddy.

On the occasional weekday when one of us is home and we cancel the walk, I feel a little guilty, because Libby still looks out the window for her best friend.

When I woke up this morning it was -4F/-20C, but I know Alycia will still be coming over. As a wee showing of our appreciation for her dedication, we gave her this warm wool and silk hat. I confess I wanted to keep it for myself, but I'll be sitting on my arse today in a warm office while Alycia is making her rounds. Brrrr.
P1040305


Pattern: Fake Isle on Magknits

Materials: Approx. 60 yards/50 meters of Noro Silk Garden in colorway #205, equal amount of Lamb's Pride in M-05 Onyx black, and a few feet of Lamb's Pride in fuschia (no ball band) for the contrasting cast on.

Modifications: used US#5 for ribbing, US#6 for body, and broke Noro as needed to control the colors.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I'm sure it was gratefully accepted and used! I did dogwalking/catsitting for a weekend and no more! It just means I have more appreciation for those who do.

12:16 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

So very thoughtful - and very much appreciated, I'm sure! You do such beautiful work.

p.s. I didn't realize Libby was 8!

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoah! I fell way behind here, but this hat and the tam are both so lovely. Actually, I can't take my eyes off this hat. Beautiful. And you are my hero for cycling in this frigified weather! Now I know what your spiff hand things are called, too.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Lynn in Tucson said...

That's stunning!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home