sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Friday, March 28, 2008

Home Stretch

As we near the end of the month, many of the Ravelry Malabrigo March knit along-ers are done with their projects. If you've been KAL'ing, but haven't announced yourself in the Ravelry group, please pop in. (That link won't work for non-Ravelry members.) Monday is the last day to join! Even if you don't want to knit along, go peek at all the beautiful colors of Malabrigo Worsted.

I made one Amanda Hat out of Saphire Green and one out of the Natural colorway. The Natural colorway is very versatile, but you know I love that greeny greeny soooo much more.

Here they are, before & after the green hat got a wet blocking. In the top photo (before), the green hat is smaller and pointy at the top. In the bottom photo (after), all the stitches have relaxed and claimed their ground:
P1040712

All I did was soak it for a bit in warm, soapy water, rinse, and then blot it in a clean towel:
P1040717

Sorry I can't give you a modeling shot. My resident photographer has been in Texas most of the month, helping his brother Johnny get through chemo.

I know David misses his Libby, so over the weekend I took a few shots of her, in her favorite chair, basking in the Sunday sunbeam. She really misses you too, honey.
P1040794
P1040792

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Poor Libby. Busy you! What *is* it about green that appeals so? I ask because I like it too.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, now I miss her even more. Forget about the dog though.....who's that cool green hat for? It'd make a nice homecoming present.
D.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

That hat is scrum-diddley-luscious! Beautiful color and perfect pattern :)

OH how I long to linger in a sunbeam...

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home