sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

mmmMalabrigo March

March has been here all of 4 days and I've already had enough of its freeze-thaw-freeze cycle. Even so, the cold temps mean I can keep knitting winter hats.

Malabrigo March kicked off on Saturday the 1st with numerous knit alongs, including a Koolhaas Hat KAL and an Amanda Hat KAL, both of which I'm co-leading on Ravelry with bluelacefiesta. I lost count of how many knitters are participating, but I think it's at least 50 per pattern.

Here's my Amanda in progress, in Saphire Green (#04):
P1040695
The colorway reminds me of Sweet Pea shoots in early Spring. Isn't it pretty? And it will really be something to see the rainbow of hats at the end of the month!

Each pattern calls for less than 1 skein of worsted weight, so if you've got a lonely skein of Malabrigo Worsted in your stash, or find one at the Spring yarn sales, please join us. Malabrigo is buttery soft, and put to perfect use in a cozy hat. In fact, I wouldn't hestitate to use it for a baby hat, and rumour has it that 1 skein will even make 2 mini-sized Koolhaas hats.

Added bonus: some of the KAL participants will win prizes! See the malabrigo junkies forum on Ravelry for details.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Well now, I seem to have some Velvet Grapes lacking a particular project. What shall I do with it?

10:36 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

wow! that may be my favorite malabrigo color!
i love ti!!!

8:42 AM  
Blogger gray la gran said...

oh, i think that's my favorite shade too!
i made an amanda hat, an i must say, it's probably one of my favorite hat patterns to date.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home